« Home | I got some referral's!! » | How I Made $600 Online Last Month » | How To Make Money by Saving Money » | How To Track Your Money Online » | Free Popcorn » | Why I Want to Quit My Job » | My Obsession With Office Supplies » | How I Got a $25 Restaurant Gift Certificate for $4 » | The Truth About GPT sites » | My first post »

How To Save Up To $1200/Year

This morning I did not want to go to work. In fact, I was still in bed 15 minutes before I needed to be out of the house to get to work on time. I was thisclose to calling in again, when I realized that I would have to take the day as an unpaid absence which would've meant a loss of almost $100. Ouch.

Needless to say, I went to work.

Turns out that was a good call anyway, because there was tons to do at the office today.

Lately, I've been going out to lunch quite a bit. It's not unusual for me to eat out 3x a week. It doesn't seem like much, but I can spend anywhere from $6-$10 depending on where we eat (more if I'm treating someone else). That's $24-$30 a week! If I stopped eating out altogether, I would save almost $100 a month or $1200 a year. That's almost a whole month's pay! Just think of all the things I could do with that money.

So this month I'm going to try to cut going out to lunch down to 1 or 2 times this whole month. I think that's pretty reasonable. I've got a freezer full of frozen entrees that should last me a week or two. Then I can always make my own sandwiches or pack last night's leftovers.

Anybody else got any creative inexpensive lunch ideas?

Ooh another Rebecca! ;-) Soup is a good one... especially now that the weather is getting cooler. Thanks for the tip.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Becca
  • From Seattle, Washington, United States
  • I'm just a girl who's been too reckless with my spending. Now I'm trying to reverse the damage. Come along with me as I find new ways to make money... save money... and get out of debt for good. :)
My profile

Click to read the tutorial!

My Money-Making Sites

    These sites are free to join and require no CC to start making money!!
  • Cash Duck
  • Cash On Tap
  • Deal Barbie
  • Rock Hard Cash
  • Inbox Dollars
  • Send Earnings
  • Manderine's Money
  • Fusion Cash
  • This site requires CC and completion of (1) paid offer.
  • Order Cash 4 Free
  • My Money-Saving Sites

      This forum is free to join and has tons of tips on where to find the best deals! Tell them bexx09 sent you!
    • Hot Coupon World
    • This site offers a $1 4-week trial to weekly grocery lists that you can print.

    • Grocery Game