« Home | Where To Get Free Stuff » | How To Save Up To $1200/Year » | I got some referral's!! » | How I Made $600 Online Last Month » | How To Make Money by Saving Money » | How To Track Your Money Online » | Free Popcorn » | Why I Want to Quit My Job » | My Obsession With Office Supplies » | How I Got a $25 Restaurant Gift Certificate for $4 »

How To Save For a Weekend Getaway

I have a co-worker who I always thought was kind of cheap. For example, she'd often pass up on ordering takout with us, even if all she had for lunch that day was leftovers from a couple nights ago. Even though she WANTED takeout, she hated wasting food... and money. I, on the other hand, am not that disciplined.

Another thing she does is, she'll always say YES! to a free lunch. Her department regularly gets invited to lunch by various vendors and she's always one of the first to accept. Other people pass on these lunches becaue they'd rather spend it alone or doing something more fun than having lunch with a vendor (it's kind of like working during lunch). Personally, I only go to those lunches when I'm being dragged there by another co-worker. Not fun.

Anyway, the reason I'm rambling on about her is because she just got back from a weekend getaway to San Diego with her husband and little girl. She was telling me about it yesterday (she brought me back a few postcards, because she knows I collect them) and she said, "It was expensive, but worth it. I mean, that's why we work, right?"

Interesting. But she's completely right.

I usually never pass up a chance to spend a few dollars here and there - lunch, magazines, coffee, DVD's - I'll use any excuse to spend money. I figure it's just a few dollars, right? But those dollars add up fast... she gets that, I don't.

Which is why she just got back from a fun-filled weekend in San Diego... and I got a postcard. Lol...

I desperately need to learn how to save. I'm trying... I opened up a Citibank e-savings account. Now I just have to put some money in it.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have no savings ... none. I have a couple hundred dollars in my Paypal account, but I also have a Paypal debit card attached to that account sitting in my wallet DYING to be used somewhere. What if I actually stuck that money in a savings account?

Are there other people like me out there? Any advice?

About me

  • I'm Becca
  • From Seattle, Washington, United States
  • I'm just a girl who's been too reckless with my spending. Now I'm trying to reverse the damage. Come along with me as I find new ways to make money... save money... and get out of debt for good. :)
My profile

Click to read the tutorial!

My Money-Making Sites

    These sites are free to join and require no CC to start making money!!
  • Cash Duck
  • Cash On Tap
  • Deal Barbie
  • Rock Hard Cash
  • Inbox Dollars
  • Send Earnings
  • Manderine's Money
  • Fusion Cash
  • This site requires CC and completion of (1) paid offer.
  • Order Cash 4 Free
  • My Money-Saving Sites

      This forum is free to join and has tons of tips on where to find the best deals! Tell them bexx09 sent you!
    • Hot Coupon World
    • This site offers a $1 4-week trial to weekly grocery lists that you can print.

    • Grocery Game